Rua Estados Unidos 1638
São Paulo / SP
DAN GALLERY was founded in 1972 by J. Peter Cohn and Gláucia S. Cohn in Sao Paulo, aiming to contribute to the development of the Brazilian Art. In the first years of activity the gallery focused exclusively on Brazilian Modern Art featuring works of important artists of the Modernist Movement as: E. di Cavalcanti, Antonio Gomide, Ismael Nery, Tarsila do Amaral and others. Gradually were incorporated by the gallery artists such as Aldo Bonadei, Alfredo Volpi, Cicero Dias, Antonio Bandeira, Yolanda Mohalyi. When Flavio Cohn, son of the founding couple, joined the gallery, was created Department of Contemporary Art, which he directed for over twenty years. Thus was opened space for a consistent and mature Brazilian and international contemporary artists. Having exhibited artists such as Lygia Clark, Lothar Charoux, Luiz Sacilotto, Gonçalo Ivo, Macaparana, Sergio Fingermann, Laura Miranda, Christian Cravo, Alexandre Dacosta and international as Sol Lewit - Antoni Tapies, Jesus Soto, Juan Asensio, César Paternosto, Adolfo Estrada, Bob Nugent, Ian Davenport, Knopp Ferro, Yuri Dojc and concrete artists as Max Bill, Joseph Albers, Norman Dilworth, Anthony Hill, Kenneth Martin, Mary Martin, etc.